EducationPremier Stoneworks is certified by the Construction Industry Licensing Board of the State of Florida, the American Institute of Architects, the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System and the Cast Stone Institute to provide educational seminars and issue continuing education credits. The courses we provide are designed to educate architects, landscape architects, general contractors, estimators, project managers and project superintendents on the practical design, manufacturing and installation considerations for architectural stone masonry products. Throughout the world, buildings are designed and constructed to be unique edifices through the procurement and installation of architectural stone masonry products. Very often, these designs, while beautiful, are at odds with project budgets. As a result, the architectural stone scopes of work go through a rigorous value engineering process to make procurement, manufacturing and installation costs more attainable. Our education programs are designed to provide a working knowledge of architectural stone masonry products so that you can provide greater value to your customer when discussing design and cost-effective alternatives. Your knowledge and expertise in architectural stone masonry products might be the difference in your company being awarded its next project!
WHAT EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR WILL YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR TEAM?
A Comprehensive Design and Methods Review for Architectural Stone Masonry Products
Length: 1.5 hour Credits: 2 AIA/CES LU/HSW GC/CES LA/CES Delivery: A PowerPoint presentation
- The characteristics of architectural cast and how it is produced
- The role of ASTM C1364, the Cast Stone Institute and its importance to the construction industry
- Manufacturing considerations and how it impacts the cost of stone
- Installation considerations for architectural stone and how to apply them during design and construction
- Safety consideration during the installation process
- What to look for and how to apply value engineering alternatives to architectural stone masonry products
- The future of cast stone – LEED and GFRC
Architectural Design with Cast Stone
Length: 1 hour Credits: 1 AIA/CES LU/HSW Delivery: A PowerPoint presentation
- Clear understanding of Cast Stone; how it is produced and how it differs from associated materials
- The various applications of Cast Stone for residential, commercial, municipal, educational and other uses
- Design recommendation as well as anchoring details
- Inherent sustainable attributes of Cast Stone and LEED®
The Making of Cast Stone: A Plant Tour
Length: 1 hour Credits: 1 AIA/CES LU/HSW Delivery: An interactive tour of a Cast Stone Institute Certified Producer member plant to understand how quality cast stone is produced.
- Participants will be able to understand how cast stone production shop drawings are generated from architectural plans
- Learn how molds are made to form the cast stone as specified in the drawings
- Become familiar with at least one method of cast stone production
- Understand the major aspects of the Cast Stone Institute® Quality Control Program for Cast Stone production and shipping
We value our clients’ privacy and all of your information will be kept confidential.